Thursday 28 June 2012

Upcycled Wood Pallet to Kitchen Pantry and Jar Shelf


With all the buzz on pallets as of late, I decided to take a stab at my own design.  In order to free up a shelf in my pantry full of jars or beans, quinoa, cornmeal, rice etc.  Here is my rather weighty approximate 100 lb creation. 

















The quick and dirty on the DIY:

Shelves 1”X6”- attached with L brackets
Shelf fronts 1”X 2”- attached with finishing nails
Shutters - from cut down recycled wood closet bifold doors
Cabinet front at bottom - bought for $1 from a kitchen cabinet clearance section of kitchen cabinet store.
Added handles from Lee Valley Medieval Collection
Antiqued Paint job - base in Antique Red and glazed with mix of choco brown and glaze - perfect!
Lighting Effect - Puck lights from Ikea
Jars - from Ikea
Vintage Kitchen Collection - various thrift store finds



 Below is how it all started, I was so proud the day I hauled this old thing home!  And the other photo is almost finished construction, the crown didn't want to cooperate to well, er the cutter was a little distracted or too excited...in the end it's all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment