Monday 2 July 2012

Recycling Dress Shirts



My husband has or should I say had, some great dress shirts that I found at a ridiculous sale at the Bay a few years back.  Some of them having great names like Nautica and Jones New York.  Well, sadly a few of the 'power shirts' as we called them, have lost their juice....the elbows blew out while at work.  The odd thing is, one week it seem to happen at least three or four times!  He asked me if I could fix them, "Well,.... no."  I said.  "Can you use these for anything?" he asked  "Maybe, I'll see, just toss them in this bag!"  So into the stash they went.


Well today that day finally happened!  On the one pillow I used a coffee sack on the one side, blue stripe shirt on the other.  The second pillow I used the "really good power shirt" and on the other side I dressed up with a dark denim.  I thought I was finished until I thought that some sisal rope as trim would look great, and it does!  The sisal rope was easier than I thought and it added that nautical feel I was looking for, I just used a small zigzag and the needle went through no problem.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete