Sunday 22 July 2012

The Flowers and the Rockery

Okay I admit these were taken probably three weeks ago now, but you'll get the idea of what's happening in our garden.  

Backyard Shots:

Pathway to deck with awning.  
 Backside Patio looking onto deck.

 Front Yard Shots:

The bend in the road...I always curse this bed because of the number of weeds it gets.  I should take another photo from the road looking in...you'll see all the rockery I added to avoid weeds, but alas they still grow in landscaping fabric!  
 The front island garden, last year I added a bunch of rock in here again to try and cut down on the amount of weeding required, well they're easier to pull out but still happen...
This is the front walkway gardens, kinda dark picture was midday - if I could just think of it in the morning!!

 Oh, a little person!  "You take my picture Mommy?"  "Yes dear, you're in it!"

 My new Summer Sun echinachea, LOVE this colour!

 Some lillies, have a few different colours.  Managed to hack off a bunch weeding and trimming the other night - whoops!

Close up of these pretty things!



 Front island looking out from house.

 In the thick of it!


 Yellow Rudbeckia, just about to go crazy in blooms.

Some new blue delphiniums I couldn't say no to.  I like that they're miniatures!

Donkey's Ears and Yellow Lustrife - so vibrant.



The last of the Shastas, I've pulled all the others in the front beds by the house, they were looking a little tattered.

Sedum?  Hmmm, I dunno but I like it!

Fountains are finally working!  Yeah!
 Backyard Bay Leaf tree and garden



1 comment:

  1. All your gardens are so beautiful! Your hard work has certainly paid off. I really like the way you have used the slabs of rock in your front garden. Those weeds...they'll grow ANYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete