Saturday 30 June 2012

Low Fat- No Fat Potato Salad



It was weigh in today, down 3.4 lbs - whew!  That makes up for the + 2 last week. Let's hope that doesn't happen again - Horrors!

Made this for lunch today and have to say I was inspired at the meeting to make this but the recipe that was posted there wasn't entirely low fat.  I sat there and thought I can make it even less points!  Stopped at the local produce stand to buy my fresh veggies and voila!

Ingredients:
Potatoes!  Hmm who would have thought?  ( I used Yellow Fingerling, I'm also growing these so I thought I'd try)  Now seriously, about as much as you could fit in both your hands.  3-4 cups.
1 Leek (white part only sliced thinly)
5 small grated baby carrots
2 sprigs of green onion
2 stalks of celery
3 large dill pickles or several mini dills
.5 cup of dehydrated bacon bits (Kirkland Costco) optional Fat content was 2 tbs for 1 g of fat, not bad (dirt under the rug)
4 hard boiled eggs

Dressing:
1 cup of no fat sour cream
.5 cup of no fat miracle whip
juice of half lemon
3 tsp of Paprika
3 tsp of Celery Seed
2 Tbs of Mustard Seed
2 tsp of Dijon
Dash of dill pickle juice 
Salt and Pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes, chop up and add to all the diced veggies and toss in the dressing.  Let chill before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment