Thursday 28 June 2012

Pottery Barn Knock Off Number Canvas Art



I did my own take and wanted to go BIG!  I went to Home Depot and bought a 6’X4’ piece of 1/4” plywood only to realize our Mazda hatchback wasn’t quite 48” across in the trunk!  Thankfully it was bendable!!  Managed to get it home!  I’m sure the HD lot guy thought I was absolutely crazy!

Anyway I backed the plywood with 2”X2” all the way around with screws and then painted the entire piece black.  With using Photoshop I was able to get the numbers large enough and in some cases one number became two images, and printed them all out.  I used a lot of different fonts, don’t ask me the names...(I went by feel)  Anyway after cutting each one out I laid them out and traced them with pencil this way and that way!  I then used a small angled paintbrush with Buff Titanium Acrylic paint which let me have fine control through all the curves - pretty quick and easy with this great tool.  Finally I finished with by glazing with a burnt umberint and giving a little of the antique aged look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment